Friday, November 27, 2015
First Sem. B.Ed. Model Examination, November 2015
PEET MEMORIAL TRAINING COLLEGE, MAVLIKARA
Course: EDU-01- Knowledge and Curriculum:
Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives
Time: 2 Hours Max. Marks: 50 marks
A. Answer all questions. Select the one which suits the best.(1 mark each)
1. Who is a philosopher, in the original sense of the word?
A. Someone who studies the stars and planets.
B. A person primarily interested in the truth about moral matters.
C. A lover and pursuer of wisdom, regardless of the subject matter.
D. A clever and tricky arguer.
2. Which branch of philosophy answers questions regarding knowledge and knowing?
A. Logic B. Epistemology C. Axiology D. Metaphysics
3. Profession as a noun is defined as?
A. A person who teaches or instructs useful information
B. vocation requiring knowledge of some department of learning or science
C. A person or thing that leads and develops ideas and skills.
D. A person who speaks about what they are educated in
4. “Reverse the usual practice and you will almost always do right” was the dictum of
A. Plato B. Rousseau C. Mahatma Gandhi D. Dewey
5. Cultural lag means
A. Material culture tends to change rapidly while non- material part slows down.
B. Sharing of a cultural trait from one society of people to another
C. Tendency to adopt materialistic life style D. None
B. Answer all questions in a word or a sentence (1 mark each)
6. What is the major focus of Humanistic philosophy?
7. Define Socialization.
8. What is the main function of NCTE?
9. What is the major feature of Indian society?
10. Write the full form of UNESCO
C. Answer all questions (2 marks each)
11. Discuss the aims of education according to Idealism.
12. Comment on the following definition of education by Aristotle “Education
is the creation of a sound mind in a sound body”.
13. What similarities can you find in the views of Pestalozzi, Froebel and
14. Match the following titles and their authors: Emile, Democracy and Education,
Pedagogy of the Oppressed, The Republic, Paulo Freire, Plato, Rousseau, Dewey.
15. Discuss the educational contributions of John Dewey.
D. Answer any four questions (5 marks each)
16. Why is it important to develop a personal philosophy of teaching?
17. Is Mahatma Gandhi an idealist or pragmatist philosopher? Discuss.
18. Explain the role of education to curb social evils with reference to drug abuse
19. Mention the role of education to foster national integration.
20. 4. List out the major changes that occurred in the 20th century Kerala.
21. Discuss the relevance of secularism and tolerance in the present Indian context.
E. Answer any one question (10 marks)
22. Is teaching a profession and what makes an effective teacher? Discuss
23. Define the concept of social change and discuss the role of education in initiating
social change in India